My wife loves pancakes. A lot. Especially Paleo Pancakes. I can’t say that I do not also love paleo pancakes, but there is something about Sunday mornings, the first thing Alyssa says to me: “I want pancakes!” Her mom has told me that she did that same when she was a little kid so I guess some things never change, and I don’t mind one bit!
These paleo pancakes are so easy to make and all with Paleo ingredients so I will probably be making these for her until were are old!
Delicious Paleo Pancakes
Serves: 3-6 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Total Cook Time: 10 mins | Breakfast Ready in: 15 mins
What you can source from your urban farm:
- 3 fresh free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup walnuts, pulsed until finely ground
- 2 tbs local raw honey
Ingredients from your local healthy foods store:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbs pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- coconut oil for cooking
- 1 mashed ripe banana
Lets Get Cookin’!
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts until finely ground
- Pulse in honey, coconut flour, banana, vanilla, baking soda, eggs salt, and cinnamon
- Continue to pulse until mixture is very smooth
- If you want to make Blueberry or Chocolate chip pancakes, fold those in by hand next
- Heat your coconut oil in a pan to melt it using a medium heat
- Using a large spoon (approx. 1 tbs) scoop your batter and plop it onto the greased pan, continue this until pan is full (usually 3 to 4 pancakes depending upon size)
- Once you start to see little bubbles all over your pancake its time to flip
- Cook until both side are golden brown
- Serve with grass-fed butter and/or pure maple syrup
If you know someone who is considering starting their own urban farm, or who loves delicious healthy Paleo diet recipes, then please share this post with them and invite them to join our Urban Farming Community!