In the recipe below we used ground beef for our Paleo Tacos; however, you can substitute farm fresh free range chicken, or wild caught fish or shrimp for a delicious variant to this recipe!
Delicious Paleo Tacos
Serves: 2-4 | Prep Time: 5 mins | Total Cook Time: 30 mins | Dinner Ready in: 35 mins
From Your Garden:
- 1/2 Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 Green Cabbage (sliced into strips)
- 1 Green & 1 Red Bell Peppers (sliced into strips)
- Iceberg or Romain Lettuce (full leaf for each wrap)
From Your Local Farmers Market
- 1 lbs. Grass Fed Ground Beef (or free range chicken, or wild caught fish or shrimp)
- 1 Apple
- 1/2 cup Locally or Homemade salsa (we used a locally made sweet and spicy blueberry peach salsa)
From Your Local Fresh Foods Market
- 1/2 Avocado
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
- Pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Homemade Paleo Taco Seasoning
Lets Get Cookin’!
- Start by browning your chopped onions in a large sauce pan.
- Next toss in your cabbage strips and cover on medium heat to start allowing them to cook.
- While your cabbage is cooking, use another pan to begin to brown your grass fed ground beef.
- Next toss in your bell peppers with your cabbage and onion mixture and re-cover to continue cooking.
- Next throw in a pinch of your pink himalayan salt and some freshly ground black pepper.
- As your beef continues to brown and your veggies cook, slice up a small apple into strips. If your beef is really liquid-y you can go ahead and strain it and continue cooking. Finally, toss in your apple strips with your veggies.
- Once all the veggies and apple look cooked well and soft, go ahead and put 1/2 a cup of your favorite salsa into the mix. We chose a blueberry peach sweet and spicy salsa and it was delicious!
- Make sure that your sous chef is close by to help in case you drop and goodies!
- After about 20 minutes your vegetable mix should be fully cooked and your beef should be completely browned.
- Finally, you want to pull off your lettuce to serve as a wrap for your tacos and you want to slice up your avocado.
- Last but not least, put some of your veggie and beef fillings into your taco, top it off with avocado slivers, wrap it up and ENJOY!
If you know someone who is considering starting their own urban farm, or who loves delicious healthy Paleo diet recipes, then please share this post with them and invite them to join our Urban Farming Community!